[Gpdd] HEALTH: Velvet and Onyx

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Wed Aug 3 01:52:51 EDT 2011

Thankyou to so many of you for your lovely personal emails and the
messages here on GPDD XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Velvet is coping quite well, she is a good little girl and takes her
meds easily, she is also having probiotics and some very watered down
unsweetend cranberry juice too.  She hasn't got a crusty nose or eyes
and neither has she got a temperature, so it looks like i got on top of
the URI - PHEW !!
It's rather handy having some baytril in the fridge......it's
unflavoured as Velvet can't have that cause of her diabetes.
And teaching them that the syringe is something that also offers
delicious flavours, not always the dreaded yukky taste of meds was
something i'm so glad i did.

Onyx's urine test was negative at the vets, but for some reason my
'stick' test are showing signs of glucose!  I will get another few tests
off her first and then if they still show a reading i'll get one for
Brendan to do a more thorough test.

Whee wish all our friends who aren't feeling to well a speedy recovery,

Love
Glynis, Velvet and Onyx (in mem Sully and Duke) xxxx