[Gpdd] HEALTH: Undernourished pregnant piggie

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Tue Aug 9 10:07:44 EDT 2011

A few years ago my family took on an older pregnant sow with good results. I
hear that Critter-B-Better comes in pellets so maybe it would be a
nutritious food for her, some alfalfa instead of all timmy hay and pellets,
and Peter Gurney swore by brown bread in milk. Give her some unsweetened
cranberry juice for her  bladder health, and be sure to get her treated for
parasites right off. Those are the steps I can think of that give extra
nutrition, Oh! and a Vit C pill.  So my prayers you have, once she is
quarantined and parasite free she can live with Puff if they like each
other.  Other sows often help at births although Puff hasn't had any
experience herself, perhaps the helping is instinctual. And of course the
good vets you have. So your eyes are wide open and you can most probably
give her a better chance than anyone else. Bless you, her, and
Good luck  Sandy