[Gpdd] CARE: grooming & worming

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Wed Aug 10 07:38:15 EDT 2011

Anneli and Joanie.    I don’t remember answering this but I had the same
problem with my long haired Peruvians and silkies. I cut their undercarriage
hair very short with scissors, around their genitals back up the inside
thighs up to and including the grease gland. Sows too!  They were
practically shaved from their navel or mid point back but you couldn’t tell
when they were sitting on a table. Then I took the sweep and just combed it
back and trimmed it to just above the level of the table all the way around
to their mutton chops which I left long. Then the forelock in Peruvians I
combed straight up, pulled it flat between my fingers and snipped it
straight across front to back about 1 to 2 inches long so it stayed straight
up, they looked very rakishly punk. My bad bad boars. With the hair out of
their eyes the ran and jumped and played like Abby's, they went from being
statues to playful, and they could hold their own in a boar to boar stand
off. I think they were happier, and grew emotionally and intellectually as
they could see and interact with their world. They didn’t look that
different but the difference in their activity was great. They loved it,
were cooler in the summer, stayed clean, everybody was happier.  If I had
another Peruvian I would chopped him around the edge and snip the forelock
and scissors shave the undercarriage a.s.a.p..  And I have always used
ivermectin on my piggies, first the 2 or 3  dose series each a week apart,
then the periodic dosage for years on end per the written protocol.  Just
the last couple years I have I added the Panacur.   My piggies have lived
long and prospered so for me that’s the way to go. Diet wise I control the
urge to treat, that’s a human thing, I feed them lots of leafy fresh foods,
Vit C greens, avoid too much minerals in their foods and of course no sugar
or refined carbs, I model my diet after theirs except I eat a lot of dairy
and chocolate, I dropped meat, went organic and I got allot healthier so
lots of times we have the same meal.  They get a little carrot and tomato.
occasionally a berry but only organic. I don’t take ivermectin though.
Best regards Sandy and Sammy