[Gpdd] Misc:welcome Maggie!

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 12 15:07:26 EDT 2011

hi Joanie,
I am so glad that you have Maggie:) such fun to have little babies soon.  I will
tell you a story about my Lavern.

Our first piggies ever were two pigs we named Lavern and Shirley as we were told
they were both girls, and being our very first piggies we didnt have a clue to
look down under to be sure.  we took them in from a family moving.  They are the
pigs that started the misfits. Well we have them for a week and it was super
bowl sunday and my husband was holding "Shirley" and then he commented I think
she has a tumor below.. so we looked and to our surprise it wsnt a tumor but
male parts.  we separated them  right away. Well a very very long story short
the out come was that the vet we took her to told us she would need a c section.
or she would die.

so we did.  and both babies in her died during surgery, and poor Lavern made it
thru the surgery only to die a week later. ( i really think of a broken heart
and bad pain management.
Later after doing much reading on the subject I have learned that many older
gals give birth just fine... and I believe Verda even comments on that she has
never seen a "fused" pelvic in all her ex rays of female piggies that are
older.  So just some info I wanted to share as I really wish I would of know all
that before we did the C to her.. I would of never done that and let natural
take its course.  again its your decison and every  pigs out come is different.

But I think our dr didnt manage her pain well after the c secion and i think
that played a big part in her passing as well.
So welcome Miss Maggie and we are praying all goes well ( i really think it
will) nature knows how to take care of things. Just make sure she is getting vit
C each day.
jean(misfits)