[Gpdd] HEALTH: Maggie's babies are kicking!

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Thu Aug 25 01:12:42 EDT 2011

I am on pins and noodles. If she has babies too fast you can help dry off
the first ones and rub their tummies/ chests with a finger to stimulate
their breathing. Other sows in a set up grouping will help as midwives.
Maybe she is an experienced mom and has it all down pat. Once she and Puff
are friends and live together she could help but I doubt Maggie will be
having more mini pigs. I know you have no male, but a male must not be in
the at all until the the little one can fend for themselves as sows go into
heat just after birth and babies, even the mom can be trampled.  I know if
a babe is stuck you can gently apply pulling pressure on the whole babes
body so as not to wrench one leg etc. This represents the sum total of all I
know on the subject. Pitifully little  corrections requested.  I have had a
few litters of pups in my household but the sow seems to know how to do it
so she gets privacy. In people the tummy where the uterus is massaged
afterwards if there is bleeding to get the umbilical to clamp down and stop
bleeding. I cant wait, I can wait, I cant wait, I must wait!  I will pace!
Sandy be calm!
love Sandy and Sammy