[Gpdd] Announcement: Ava (misfits)

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 10:20:55 EST 2011

Jean,

We've already welcomed Ava on the Undercover Piggies blog, where she was in
a beautiful Thanksgiving pigture but we want to do it again here.

She is a lovely little girl, with her sweet white stripe round her middle.

I am hoping that, at her age, she is not pregnant or, if she is, that she
has had piglets before. Maybe ( paws crossed ) she is only getting bigger
because of the good food that she is receiving now.

I try to give newcomers the food that they are used to and very gradually
change it over to something better but so often I have no history to help
me just like you with Ava.

When Moonlight first came she was terrified and would not eat at all and I
had to syringe feed her for several days until she decided that she liked
chicory. Not the best choice but at least it was a start. She still has
only a limited number of veggies that she will eat but has grown into a
plump little porker and loves her fresh grass. Heavens only knows what she
was given before.

So a hearty welcome to Ava and well done Jean and Andy for taking her home
where she can receive all the love that she needs.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.