[Gpdd] MISC Pandora sends a Yuletide Message

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 08:52:28 EST 2011

Hello everyone,

It is that time of year when Slave plagiarises a perfectly good seasonal
song ( sigh ) so here we go again.......................

We, the herd of Piggyfriends send
Christmas cheer to every friend
Hay and numbers
Of cucumbers
Lettuces without end.

Oh, Oh, carrots too and celery
Kale and corn and broccoli
Some cilantro
And tomato
Melon and pa-ar-sley.

We hope Santa Claws will call
Bringing treats for one and all
If you've been good
He surely would
Piggies will have a ball.

Oh, Oh, Piles of grass ( a meal that's free )
Beans and beet and chicory
Veg galore
Could we ask more?
Under the Christmas tree.

Well, I think that's enough of that. She has taken a bit of a liberty with
the rhymes this year. The second verse doesn't scan unless you say parsley
as three syllables and I don't believe that cilantro rhymes very well with
tomato. She's running out of songs to ruin. I hope that Mr. Anon doesn't
mind and won't sue.

All of us here at Piggyfriends want to say Happy Holidays, Good Yule, Happy
Christmas, Happy Chanukah and anything else that you care to name. Whatever
you celebrate, we hope that it is filled with vegetables. We are going to
have a great Yuletide present here at Piggyfriends as no less than three
new piggies will be joining us tomorrow in time for the seasonal goodies.

I'd like to finish by repeating one of Slave's offerings from a few years
ago. She never writes them down so this is from memory but the sentiment
remains the same.

Christmas is coming and the pigs are getting fat
With carrots, hay and broccoli and all good things like that
But there are pigs in shelters, there through no fault of their own
So, if you've room for just one more, please go and fetch one
home.........or two or three...........

Happy holidays everypig and everyone, including the Mods who, hopefully,
will not find this too long.

>From Pandora aka Agent Avatar, spokespig for the Piggyfriends.  Glasses of
carrot wine all round. Cheers or as Slave would say Slainte. (Slave, why
are there are no accents on this keyboard? )
Nollaig Shona Daoibh. ( Slave says Happy Christmas to you all )