[Gpdd] HEALTH- Mimi is losing weight

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Sat Dec 24 06:40:22 EST 2011

I imagine you have checked her pee and poop and teeth.  I was wondering how
long it has been since she has gone through a worming protocol?  I have
noticed that mites can make piggies sick, and I have seen mites on Sammy
earlier than the 3 months. Also the reverse happens, if a piggie gets sick
then mites (and other parasites) can strike opportunistically, the illness
makes her immune system weaker and the mites multiply much faster than
normal, gain a foothold so to speak.  So either way if I see a piggy doing
poorly I do the parasite routine and super clean the area.  If its been done
in the past month I wouldn't be as concerned but take a good look.  I hope
Mimi is better soon whee are looking forward to her presence on the Black
Pearl for Beans send off.  Happy Christmas Mimi and friends  Sandy and Sammy