[Gpdd] CARE: Can guinea pigs eat oatmeal?

Guineapigfilms at aol.com Guineapigfilms at aol.com
Sat Dec 24 12:57:07 EST 2011

First of all, I wanted to wish everyone and everypig a very merry
Christmas! I've been busy getting special gifts for our very elderly piggy, Otto, who
is still going strong! You know you're a piggy slave when...you call seven
grocery stores the day before Christmas Eve to find one that stocks fresh
carrots with the long, leafy greens still attached because that's what your
piggy likes best!   ;-)

Anyway, my husband was getting guinea pig pellets at the pet shop today and
a woman who worked there apparently told him that we should be feeding him
uncooked oatmeal as a treat, since "guinea pigs love it."

We've had many guinea pigs and have never fed oatmeal to any of them. In
fact, I'd never heard of it, and I've read lots of piggy care books and
websites.

Anyone else ever heard of this?

Love and WHEEEEEEEPS,

Nancy (& Alyssa & Otto the VERY VOCAL guinea pig)