[Gpdd] HEALTH: Virgil and his UTIs

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 17:20:08 EST 2011

Hi Pat,

Poor Virgil.

As you know, from our private email correspondence, I have had very little
personal experience of UTIs with my herd over very many years but I cannot
remember if I have told you of my Aspen, who did not respond to either the
Baytril or Marbocyl antibiotics that my then vet prescribed or to the
barley water. This was before the advent of the over the counter ladies'
cystitis remedies, which I would try first now if one of my herd succumbed.

Anyway, he decided to try Tribrissen, considered old fashioned by then, but
it worked. Her UTI cleared up and she never had another.

Might be worth a try.

My lot love cilantro but I suppose some piggers could be sensitive to it.

I live in a hard water area but very few of my piggies drink anyway. They
are lucky enough, as you are aware,  to have fresh grass everyday plus
their forage in season and lots of juicy veg and this supplies their liquid
needs.

Give Virgil a big hug.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.