[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Virgil and his UTIs

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Wed Dec 28 19:43:22 EST 2011

Hi Pat,
Would you please send me a private email with your telephone number or
skype name so that I can get all the facts about the ongoing UTI's in
your herd. The one thing you did not mention  or I might have missed it,
was the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, abbreviated to
NSAIDS. Rimadyl or childrens ibuprofen is essential to be given with any
antibiotic when treating UTI's. You can read at my web page what BAR
recommends http://www.piggyville.com/index.php?id=4
I would really like to be able to help you but I need all the facts.
Sulfatrim is the drug of choice along with Rimadyl for 10-14 days.
However, I agree with Penny that the over the counter cystitis sachets
that I mention on my web page have cleared up many a piggys UTI. You can
buy them at Amazon.com or in the UK at PCP direct.  Cymalon and other
products like it can be used in conjunction with antibiotics and NSAIDS.
Don't give up hope. I am not a vet but I volunteer as a cavy health
advisor for Dr. Frank Bonsack DVM of the Adventure Animal Hospital in
Tampa Florida.
http://adventureanimalhospital.com/

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.