[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Metatone tonic and other items for your first aid kit.

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Tue Feb 8 18:01:37 EST 2011

Dear Penny and the GPDD family,

As Penny mentioned Metatone tonic is great for ailing piggys. Once again
you can buy it on line from PCP direct. Here is the link.
http://www.pcpdirect.co.uk/?query=metatone&x=10&y=11&BrandSearch=%2F
I would never be without Metatone tonic for myself and my piggys.
So remember from my earlier posts you can buy Cymalon liquid or
Cystopurin, Cystocalm and Canesten cystitis sachets from PCP direct the
British on line pharmacy. They also have Daktarin oral gel which every
cavy owner should have at least one tube of since cavies are very prone
to oral thrush. Another product I always have in my first aid kit that I
buy from PCP is Brochlor 1.0% Chloramphenicol eye ointment is for the
treatment of acute bacterial conjunctivitis. They also sell the
urinalysis test strips Multistix GP Reagent Strips are for testing urine
samples for the following: Glucose, Ketone, Specific Gravity, Blood, pH,
Protein, Nitrite and Leucocytes. Most importantly they sell 2.5% Panacur
for worming your piggys. Maybe a groups of cavy lovers or a cavy club
can all pitch in and place an order. It is no different than ordering
from Amazon.com except the prices are in British pounds and the postage
is slightly higher.Your package will arrive in the post and there will
be no duty to pay. But some of the best items that any cavy lover needs
to have are made by the Brits. Remember the British culture is thousands
of years older than ours in the USA. They also have 300 years more
experience with cavies than we do in the USA. Oh and let us not forget
that the two most famous Rodentologists just happen to be
British...Peter Gurney and Vedra Stanley-Spatcher. We have a lot to
learn from our British cousins.

So to convert British pounds to US dollars go to this link
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Just remember these products could save your cavies life. So stock up
now before your cavy gets sick and you are facing a vet that does not
know what to prescribe or can not get the right medication made for
days, Or there is 2 feet of snow between you and your car and you have a
sick cavy and 20 miles to drive to the vets office.

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.