[Gpdd] Health: Oral trush, mouth sores and fungal infections

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 18:50:35 EST 2011

Dear ann,

I've been following the whole story about chakalaka. You write he has oral
trush and a fungal infection. Is the combination of both common? It's just
the more I hear about this the more I start to wonder if fungus had these
things, she died quite unexpectedly. She had been diagnosed earlier with an
fungal infection, it took us along time to get rid of that (if we even did
completely). Then she had trouble eating or didn't want too. her teeth were
fine according to vet. On a later check she did have a little hook on her
teeth and had what they said a mouth sore. Two days after they removed the
hook she died. Now I'm wondering if the combination of fungal infection and
the mouth sore, possibly oral trush?, could have caused her death. I know
this will remain a guess, but knowing that it could have been that will keep
me more alert for those kind of problems in the cavies I have now our in the
future...
How do you recognise oral trush?

Me, I'm hoping for a complete recovery for chakalaka!
Hoping I'm not worrying you by asking ann about this...

Grtz mieke