[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Oral thrush, mouth sores and fungal infections and Chakalaka

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Feb 18 06:39:37 EST 2011

It does make me mad when vets order expensive tests but cannot see what is
right in front of their noses and then charge a fortune for their
incompetence. I wish that you could all seek the advice of Rodentologists
like our Ann and the wonderful couple who look after the health of my
Piggyfriends when your piggies are sick.

OK Rant over for today.

I am relieved to read that Chakalaka is gaining weight and we all have our
paws crossed for his recovery.

I urge you all to follow Ann's advice and keep a tube or two of Daktarin
Oral gel in your piggy first aid kits. I am lucky to be able to buy this
over the counter at my local pharmacy. It is invaluable after dental work as
well as during fungal infections. It is safe to use if you even suspect a
problem. No harm will be done even if the treatment was not necessary and
you could have saved a little life.

Make sure that you bath your little ones regularly in an anti fungal
shampoo, especially if you live in a damp climate like we have to endure in
England. I wish that you could all buy VetSect Repel shampoo ( anti fungal,
anti parasite ) which the Piggyfriends use, but I know that Ann has
recommended an alternative in the past.

The Piggyfriends say keep your Ivermectin and Panacur ( or Valbazen )
treatments up to date. We need to keep all of those parasites at bay.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.