[Gpdd] HEALTH: Sparkles has 'bacteria' NO Yogurt

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Sat Feb 19 19:47:02 EST 2011

part 2 of 2
So if you adopt and learn this parasite protocol and practice it year
around, you are going to have much fewer piggy problems as most of your
piggies problems came from parasites. Also parasitic infections make your
pets more susceptible to other infections and illness' As for the bacterial
problem our vet mentions and is treating with the Baytril the explanation is
too vague for me to understand, or I may be ignorant, so I sincerely hope
you will get it clearly, preferably in writing, on your bill or lab report.
where exactly is the infection, what kind of bacteria, and his treatment
including dosage. Also not lately we have seen several infections come right
back when a vet doses for only a week, and often they under dose the piggy,
which is why we need to know exactly what , why and how much he is giving,
and if he has done a culture and sensitivity test, and exactly where is the
infection.

To be sure I have correctly advised you I will pass this on to Ann and send
you the protocol for parasites You need to let us know if you have any
trouble following it or getting the drugs because we will help you find
them. Note doing it yourself is easy and much cheaper than having the vet do
it, and because there are so many parasites in Hawaii, very necessary.

And please let me know what went wrong with your Giardia treatment? It was
recommended by the Hawaiian State Health Dept. so if it needs to be modified
for piggies we all need to know as it is a common infection from tainted
water common in many states from hikers in the mountains, and the parasite
comes downstream to municipal water supplies. Most water supplies are
treated but not all or perhaps veggies are grown with untreated water.

Lastly WHAT is VOG!
best regards, Sandy and Sammy who says hi to his old friends