[Gpdd] HEALTH- Mimi's mites

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Feb 21 06:36:48 EST 2011

Re the Ivermectin............It's the same stuff Jaime. You can give it
orally at home without Mimi needing to be filled full of holes at the vet.
Three doses should be enough to kill off the mites. The first dose kills the
adults, the second clears out those which will have hatched in the meantime
from the eggs which were present the first time and sometimes a third might
be necessary just to make sure that they have all gone.

When it is all over, make a note in your diary for three months time for
Mimi to have another dose to keep her safe. Don't forget the Panacur at the
same time.

Give Mimi a thorough bath using Ann's recommended shampoo to get rid of all
the debris. Make lots of lather and do her little ear flaps too.

We tried to vote for Mimi and we love her pigture. Does one have to be a
Facebook member to vote or is there another way? We do not want to sign up.

Hugs for Mimi.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.