[Gpdd] [Health] Anti-Parasite and Anti-Fungal Shampoo Questions

Bina Gabbriel samscello at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 23:41:07 EST 2011

Hello GPDDers,

Question @#1: Based on the information Ann, Penny and others have shared
recently about how to treat my herd for internal and external parasites, I
went to the local pet supply store looking for Adams shampoo for kittens and
puppies with 0.15% pyrethrins, as was recommended here a few weeks ago. What
I found was the following. Since I'm new to this aspect of GP husbandry, can
anyone "in the know" tell me if this is the correct product for GP parasite
control purposes? Does it have too many other chemicals in it that make it
unhealthy or less appropriate for GPs? Here's what the front label says:

Adams - plus
Flea & Tick Shampoo with precor
Cats & Kittens, Dogs & Puppies
(S)-Mehoprene 0.10%
Pyrethruins 0.15%
Piperonyl Butoxide 1.50%

Question #2: I also purchased a bottle of Betadine, but am unclear when and
how to use this with the GPs. Is it to be mixed with the Adams when I bathe
them every two months? Or do I alternate bathing one month with Adams and
the next month with Betadine? Does the Adams treat external mites and the
Betadine external fungal issues?

Thanks so much!
Bina and the Pittsfield Pigtones

--
Let every cell in your perfectly designed animal body sing to the earth and
sky of the pure joy of being alive in this time, on this planet, as You.

Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (Sanskrit) The World is One Family
Mitakuye Oyasin (Lakota) All My Relations
www.SANCTUARYFORKIDS.org      www.HALFTHESKY.org      www.VDay.org
www.JOYFULHEARTFOUNDATION.org