[Gpdd] HEALTH: Off to the Vet with Apple --- Maybe Sore Toofies?

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Fri Feb 25 18:27:37 EST 2011

Dear Pat

Another reason we have been discussing recently, that piggies have a hard
time eating, is that their mouths (or even the rest of their digestive
tract) can become overgrown with a fungal infection.  Look for a cottage
cheesy growth in the mouth. Also the molars can overgrow to the point they
cage in the tongue or cause sore spots on the cheeks. Use a narrow beamed
LED flashlight and a tongue depressor, or any good one.  Best is to find
bucal separators if you or the vet can get them. There are several to many
posts on these causes in Feb. so a quick hop through the archives will give
you the treatments for each if one of these is culprit.  Hopefully you will
find the culprit.  If you need more help let us know, and forgive me for
posting what is no doubt after your appointment.   Best regards  Sandy and
Sammy