[Gpdd] Rainbow bridge: Amelia (Agent Mouse)

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 26 13:44:29 EST 2011

Dear Friends,
Its with sadden heart I must tell you of our little "mouse" passing yesterday
afternoon. Her story first:
Amelia came to live with the misfits on July 15,2008. She was a very tiny quiet
broken piggie.
She came from a horrible breeder that put her in a cage of pigs he felt were
unfit. He tried to create a black pig with perfect rings on it. She is what came
out of that experiment. When we got her she had been badly beaten by other
pigs... her ears were ripped up and sore and her body had sores all over it.
After I washed her and gently put ointment on her ears and sores she seemed to
relax a bit. She became cage mates with Alexandra. "Mouse" got her nickname due
to she never ever said a word.. not a squeak, not a peep nothing... ever...so we
called her Amelia the mouse as she was quiet as a mouse.

This quiet tiny broken pig came down with a respiratory infection soon after she
was home with us. We took her to the vet and the vet told us she had KIDNEY
STONES! that needed immediate removal..I just couldnt believe it as she showed
no signs of kidney stones so i said no... The vet even called me at home the
next day and said it would be a death sentence to her if I didnt elect to do the
surgery.. I still declined. Not due to the cost.. but due to my gut.. I just
didnt see it..
after she was on her antibiotics for the infection she soon started to grow and
become a cuddle pig. It two months after we had her that we soon realized those
"kidney stones" were babies!!!  She delivered two little boys to us. Trigger and
Ringer.  Trigger has passed due to a bad heart and his brother Ringer is still
with us. Guess what Ringer turned out to be... a black pig with two very perfect
full rings around his body! No we never took Ringer back to show the breeder. WE
just think it was her way of saying " hey look I the worthless pig was the pig
that carried what you so badly wanted to create!"
Amelia was the sweetest warmest piggie to hold. She never wanted to sit on your
lap.. she wanted to curl up under your neck. She would put my husband to sleep
this way. Such a sweet sweet girl.
I came home yesterday around 1 and found Amelia in the corner of her cage
looking out and having what appeared to be hiccups.
I took her out and could tell right away that it was not hiccups at all. It was
her heart. I held her to my ear and could hear the heart not beating correctly
and when it jumped she also jerked like a hiccup move. I called the new vet
right away. and they said to bring her in. so i got her carry case all ready
and I took her in. The vet only lives in the next town over from us.So this was
a matter of maybe 15 mins top. We put her on exam table and again she was
jerking when the heart looked like it was missing a beat. dr listened to lungs
and heart. The lungs were fine. but her heart was going crazy and Amelia was
already turning blue in her lips and feet. She then had what looked  like a
stroke on the table and the dr listened again to her heart and said it had
slowed up and was baring beating.. I stroked her and told her what a beautiful
girl she was indeed. and So brave and if she needed to leave me to go to her son
Triggers that had passed  I fully understood. Amelia's heart stopped shortly
after that. All during this she never made a sound or a peep. It is more a shock
to me as Amelia has not been sick only that one time when we first brought her
home with the respiratory infection. I did let her cage mate see her before I
burried her with the other piggies that have passed.

Again I stress this happened so sudden and fast its like its not real yet to
me.. and as horrible as this sounds.. and I dont mean it to.. but I didnt cry...

I always cry horrible when I lose a piggie, and I dont know why I didnt cry..
That bothers me as well. Thank you for reading my very long post.
Jean (misfits minus one)