[Gpdd] [Peter Gurney] Invite to Candle Lighting

Audrey Binder agbmcmd at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 16:54:09 EST 2011

Dear GPDDers,
You are all invited to participate in our annual Memorial Candle Lighting for
Peter Gurney on March 9th, 2011, at 8:00 pm in your respective time zone.  This
will be our 6th Memorial Candle Lighting, and all you have to do is light a
candle on Wednesday, March 9th, at or around 8:00 pm. in honor of Peter Gurney
and all of our friends, human and animal, who are with him at the Rainbow
Bridge.

For those not familiar with Peter Gurney, or this annual event, Peter Gurney was
an author and Guinea Pig advocate who died in England in 2006 from cancer.  He
wrote many of the book on guinea pigs that we all use, and his website is still
a vital piece of information to all guinea pig lovers.

In 2006, we held our first candle-light memorial in honor of Peter Gurney and
all of our beloved guinea pigs and pets who have passed away.  In subsequent
years, we have also honored several of our GPDD community who have also passed
away.  This has become an annual event, and all you have to do is light a candle
on March 9th (Peter Gurney's Birthday).

After March 9th, just send a post to the GPDD or to me personally, and I will
list all the places where a candle was lit, and post it on map and on the
Digest.  Last year we had over 80 participants from all over the world.  If you
would like to see a map and the list from 2010, just look at the GPDD Homepage.
Be sure to click on each country or state to see each individual location.

As candles are lit in each state or country, the light from each candle will
move through each time zone, in memory of all the people and pets we are
remembering.  So mark your calendars for March 9th, at 8:00 pm, and light your
candle!  We will be lighting ours, too.

Audrey, William, and Gordon the GP
(Remembering Reese)