[Gpdd] Misc: fighting boars

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Mon Feb 28 02:31:57 EST 2011

To support Penny's advice on Boars, I only neutered a few boars, so that my
sows that wouldn't live with other sows peaceably could have someone to live
with. That way I never had a piggy live alone.   Sometimes you can mix a
mature boar with a baby boar, that goes peaceably, after Sammy and Manny ran
around the neutral zone sniffing each others butts and rumbling, Manny
mounted Sammy (who was 1/8 Manny's size, but it lasted a second, then tiny
Sammy raced around and mounted Manny and I had to clamp my hand over my
mouth to keep from ruining it; so funny. It was like a raisin and apricot
trying to get together, then they both turned to the huge salad and ate them
selves silly, whereupon they had a nap together.  This worked soon after I
bought Sammy home

One worry though. As Sammy matured, although there was no fighting or
aggression, Sammy slowly became the dominant pig, I wondered it it ever had
anything to do with Manny's early decline and death, but then it always
happen with boars and sows that the young grow, and older leaders give way
to stronger younger ones. Its actually pretty universal.

Lots of time next to one another, lots of supervision equal successful room
mates. It's cranky sows that gave me more trouble. love Sandy and Sammy, who
is actually alone now cept for me