[Gpdd] [HEALTH] URI meds not working?

Abbie abbiemichelle at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 22:55:38 EST 2011

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure most of you saw the announcement that I'm new to the piggie parent
world, so just a *warning* - I may ask lots of questions!

I just got Kip and Baxter a week and a half ago, and it turned out that Kip
had a URI.  I took him to the vet and he has been on antibiotics since
Tuesday.  He was doing great and his nose cleared up, but then today I
noticed discharge on his nose and some on his little leg from wiping his
nose!  I can hear him over there as he's breathing, too, so I know he's
congested.  Could it be that the meds just need more time to work or should
I take him back to the vet if it doesn't get better in a couple days?  I'm
giving him .4ccs of doxycycline and .2ccs of baytril every 12 hours...

If you have any suggestions, feel free to email me directly -
abbiemichelle at gmail.com.  I feel bad for my stuffy guy :(
Thanks!

~Abbie