[Gpdd] Health; UTI

M Fug mfug at live.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 10:52:11 EST 2011

Of my 4 boys only my first piggy Bubbles suffered with UTI's he had terrible cystitis that antibiotics didnt cure and the horrible vet said it wasnt worth giving him anymore antibiotics, needless to say I now have a new vet.

What we found worked was pure unsweetened cranberry juice in his water bottle this cleared up Bubbles problem and then as a preventative we always put it in the water.

All of the boys are happy to drink the water and touchwood no one else has had a UTI

So thats 1 of 4 boys here in the UK with the problem over an 11 year period

I myself suffer with cystitis and the problem is it does reoccur I think you are just prone to it, I now make sure I drink 1 glass of cranberry juice everyday and plently of water, touchwood I have not had an attack in ages. I believe in some cases it is due to not enough water intake this means the bladder doesnt get full quickly enough and stale wee sits there which exasperates the problem.

Good luck