[Gpdd] HEALTH: Another UTI !!! Why???

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 12 20:25:44 EST 2011

Pat-
Has Olivia had her blood sugar tested? Perhaps she is diabetic & that is causing the problem? Also make sure she is getting enough vitamin C. I give Mimi an Oxbow C tablet everyday. It helps acidify the urine which helps prvent infections. As far as her fear goes, no piggie I've ever met liked getting meds. It seems it is always a struggle. With Mimi, I take a towel & fold it around her like a burrito & then hold her mouth up with my hand & slowly syringe the medicine. There has been times where she would spit it back out on me, but that method seems to work pretty well for us. Then a treat & snuggles & kisses before putting her back. I found over the years that when a piggie was really sick & I spent alot of time medicating & syringing that eventually it became a bonding time for us & seemed to bring us closer in the end. I hope sweet Olivia will be better soon. Hugs...
~Jaime & Mimi~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AintThatCrafty?ga_search_query=aintthatcrafty&ga_search_type=seller_usernames