[Gpdd] [HEALTH] My SPICY Bumblefoot and the "Little old lady syndrome"

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Jan 24 10:30:39 EST 2011

Thank you, Ann, for your excellent advice.

I hesitated to mention to Joanne about shaking Spicy to test for fluid. It
is easy to demonstrate when one has a piggy to act as a "guinea pig" but not
in an email! I do hope that Spicy does not have bloat.

When Joanne posted about Spicy being swollen, I remembered a piggy being
brought into our Rodentologist when I was there. This piggy was swollen
around her vagina, A vet had diagnosed a tumour but upon examination a stone
proved to have lodged there. It was gently removed with a local anaesthetic.
Problem solved and another little life saved.

I asked my Rodentologist about Itrafungol. She said that she has used it,
particularly for piggies with fungal skin problems. She decided to try Rye
with griseofulvin ( Fulcin ) this time as she had it in stock. We will see
if it works and can always try the Itrafungol later on.

It is early days but his left front foot, which was only mildly affected
with Bumblefoot does look less scabby this morning. He enjoys having the
Gorgeous Guineas ointment applied.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.