[Gpdd] MISC- OFF TOPIC- foster bunnies

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 25 19:49:21 EST 2011

Just thought I'd give an update on our foster bunnies while I have a chance. It's been rough so far. We have lost 2 babies over the weekend. I named them Halo & Squirty (Squirty was the runt of the litter). Even though it's been below 0 degrees outside, we managed to find a piece of unfrozen ground up against the house to bury them. Now there are 4 babies left. They are getting bigger & are very active in the nest. I hope they open their eyes soon. They are 9 days old today. The story behind Mom is that her original owners abandoned her & the male when they moved. Their neighbors eventually went over to get them out of the house & discovered she had babies. I don't know if they didn't know what to do or what happened, but they put the babies out in a garage or shed & the babies died. They then brought her & the male to the Humane League & they put Mom on hold in case she was pregnant again. After a few days, someone came in on that Sunday morning & discovered she had another litter. She is approximately 8 months old. She is nice. She likes to be petted, but not picked up. She is hard to pick up because she is so heavy. She's quite a big girl! I haven't named her because the lady in charge of the foster program thinks she & her family would like to adopt Mom after the babies are ready to go. So I figure I should leave the naming up to her! I hope to get time to post some pics soon on my Photobucket page. They are keeping me busy though! Talk to everyone later!
~Jaime & Mimi~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AintThatCrafty?ga_search_query=aintthatcrafty&ga_search_type=seller_usernames