[Gpdd] HEALTH- Mimi has mites

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 30 00:10:03 EST 2011

I'm finally getting a free minute to post. I've been quite busy with everything & Mimi & the foster bunnies. I took Mimi to the vet yesterday cause she's been scratching lately & we thought it was just the dry air because of the heat constantly running. Our vet gave us some Pramoderm spray, but it didn't seem to help. So yesterday she went to see a different vet at the same practice, cause our vet wasn't there. The lady was very nice & her tech was too & they made a big fuss over Mimi, which she loved! She even purred at them. They were real good with Mimi, so it's good to know she can be my back-up vet when our usual one isn't there. She got a shot of Invermectin & has to go back in 2 weeks for a second shot. She also felt what she called a "fatty limpoma" under Mimi's right armpit. It just feels like a little pea moving around in there. Hopefully it won't get any bigger. She checked her very thourougly & said everything else looks very good & she seems very healthy. So I spent today cleaning & sanitizing all of Mimi's stuff. The vet said I should freeze her hay & Carefresh before using them. She said they can carry mites. I used to freeze her hay, but kind of got out of the routine. I had no idea Carefresh could carry mites though. Has anyone else heard of this? I thought they sterilized Carefresh.
On a different note, the baby bunnies have opened their eyes & are starting to come out & stumble around some! They are quite curious about everything & look great. Mom has been having diarrhea over the nights. In the morning there is some blobs of gross stool, but I never see her having diarrhea during the day. So she is not having any fruits or veggies right now. The foster co-ordinator is talking to their vet about what we should do. She eats & drinks very well & acts normal otherwise. She is nursing fine too. It's really weird. Any thoughts?
~Jaime & Mimi~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AintThatCrafty?ga_search_query=aintthatcrafty&ga_search_type=seller_usernames