[Gpdd] [Health] Twinkie is bleeding

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Sun Jul 3 05:28:30 EDT 2011

Corrine and Michaels Sparkle's has been leaving a  drop of blood here and
there, so I have been studying this all yesterday, it sounds like a UTI or
stones. The info for Sparkles is based on simple spots of blood, her case is
not advanced she saw a vet Sat., with the info for guinea Lynx and Ann, the
vet put her on Baytril. Your Twinkies case sounds more advanced, more blood.

You are close to Ann, call her  and if possible get to vet in the morning,
if yours is gone, look the Dana Kremples website The Lair of the Hair for a
list of Florida vets. Also Judi Lanier in MD and Jenni over by Daytona Beach
maybe able to help find a vet. It never fails, the holiday curse.

When she pees does she leave sludge or grains, also smell it, is it strong
smell, or discolored. The Info I am going to start sending is from Ann and
Guinea Lynx both from yesterday. Otherwise and also start her on the
syringed unsweetened cranberry juice and Vit. C, get her temp, she may need
pediatric Advil (ibuprofen) for fever and pain, unless you are lucky enough
to have Rimadyl.  see guinea lynx  right now as you can research as fast as
I can forward links.

If you have fresh Baytril and know the dose you may consider it, considering
that I am not a doctor or an assistance or vet or medical professional. I
cant prescribe it, be sure to give her history.

I will send links on bladder stones, UTI and analgesics and antibiotics  See
Ann's link at Piggyville

Put her on paper towels or white cloth so you can see if she is peeing, as
long as she pees give plenty of fluids, if she stops, make sure her tummy
doesn’t start getting larger and firmer in case a stone has blocked her
urethra, if that happens cut way back on fluids and get Ann, her vet uses
Ann for surgical anesthesia and they treat bladder stones surgically in 15
minutes successfully, hi rate of success is what I should better say, start
watching for links  See if for ongoing you can get her on those sachets that
Ann describes and she and Penny use.     Be well Twinkie,      Sandy  ps I
was just going to bed so email me back if you are up and I will stay up with
you till we can get a vet from one of those great Fla. vets this morning.
Sandy