[Gpdd] HEALTH: reading the syringe for worming

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 3 21:18:59 EDT 2011

My son, who assists me in all pet doctoring ventures, believes I've been reading the markings on my syringe incorrectly. If so, I've been grossly overdosing the panacur. I'm going to describe those markings in case someone can help me understand what I've been doing.
On one side it says 0.1 through 1.0.
On the other side it says 1 through 16. In no way do the numbers on either side match up. Just to play it safe, today, we gave her what may be 0.04 as measured on the ml/cc side. The other side has no units of measure, strangely. I've been giving the 0.4 amount, but had always thought it appeared to be a LOT of fluid for how small a cavy is. I sure hope I did it right. That's one of the reasons I've put this off for so long. I second guess myself and obsess over it. If someone could please get back to me soon, I'd appreciate it. Also, if I did, in fact, overdose her, what should I be doing until I can get her to a knowledgeable vet? So far, she's shown no sign of being off color other than a wet hinney (pee, not poop) which could be attributed to a need for a trim (she's long-haired) and a cage cleaning, which she's just received.

Nervously,

Joanie