[Gpdd] [Health] Twinkie is bleeding Update

scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jul 3 18:47:53 EDT 2011

Hi. Twinkie is back home recovering from an emergency hysterectomy. Her ovaries were both enlarged. The right had cysts. The left, which was much larger and looked like a Turkey fig, may have been cancerous. The vet wasn't sure, and we decided not to send away the sample because it would just cost more and wouldn't change the treatment protocol. The bad news is that a portion of her intestine had to be removed and reattached because it was damaged either by the ovary or in the process of removing the ovary.

She's very groggy and much skinnier. The vet said that she also removed a fat pad, so if she recovers from this, she will have her girlish figure back.

We're very concerned about her, but all we can do is wait at this point. Pain meds, antibiotics, and critical care start tomorrow. For tonight, we just rest and hope for the best. Thanks for all your well wishes!

ME in New Smyrna Beach