[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Flashbang Fatbottom Has an UTI

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu Jul 7 14:11:40 EDT 2011

Jocelyn,

I am so sorry to read about Flashbang's troubles. That must have been a
scary moment when you discovered the bladder stone. I am so pleased that it
was operated on successfully.

It is a very long time since I have had to treat a UTI but I swear by the
home made barley water as mentioned by Pat in her excellent reply. As well
as syringing the barley water itself, some piggies relish the left over
barley once the liquid has been strained off.

I have also used Cymalon, based on sodium citrate, which I can buy over the
counter at the pharmacy but which has to be ordered online by anyone not in
the UK. Shame. It is a great product. For anyone contemplating using this,
the dose for piggies is not the same as the human one.

The GuineaLynx chart is invaluable when deciding which veggies have too much
calcium.

Have a read of Ann's Piggyville website ( still under
construction )..........

http://piggyville.com/index.php?id=4

Please give him a big hug from us all. Get well soon Flashbang Fatbottom and
return to the fat size again.

Penny and the Piggyfriends, who all recommend lots of grass.