[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Flashbang Fatbottom Has an UTI

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Thu Jul 7 22:30:38 EDT 2011

Jocelyn,
Hi I am Ann from Piggyville. The only thing I will add to the other
posts regarding Fatbottom's UTI is to NOT give Metacam.  I am not a vet
but I volunteer for Dr. Frank Bonsack DVM of Adventure Animal Hospital
as a cavy health advisor. He has never allowed Metacam in his practice
because of toxicity issues. He always uses Rimadyl. We have seen many
cavies that other vets had prescribed Metacam with liver damage
potentially due to Metacam.  Please put your cavy back on rimadyl.
Cavies are very Rimadyl tolerant. The Cambridge Cavy Trust Guinea Pig
Hospital has been using Rimadyl in cavies since about 1988 without any
problems.

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.