[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Velvet's Glucose still very high

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Fri Jul 8 01:35:34 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

On tuesday night Velvet happened to give me a sample just as i was
cleaning out their house, i noticed however that the urine was tinged
yellow! i immediately grabbed a sample and refrigerated it and then ran
to the vets the next morning.  The sample was in conclusive, but again
her glucose level was too high !!
So i agreed much to my worry (they give gas and take the blood out of
their vein...i know the risks but i can't get them to take it any other
way, it's bl**dy frustrating!!!) to let them take a blood sample.  She
was terrific and only away for 7 minutes , Brendan said her glucose
level is 24.6 ....... some consulation is that it has come down from
November 2010 when it was 29.7   The normal reading should be between
3.3 - 15.7 i was informed.   I worry tho that this is going to harm her
little organs, i'm to keep up the strict diet, i've had to take more
things off her again...... so it's a pretty restricted diet.   The test
results said no kidney problems.
My next concern is that the winter grass may have spiked her levels ???
or their hay ???
I have enquired and it's first cut meadow hay, trying to find out what
grasses are in it and it's posing a rather difficult thing to find out!
She is now having her normal white urine again, but on my diastix (the
diabetic sticks for urine testing) she's still blowing off the
The only time her level has been good via the diastix was when she was
on baytril for a UTI !

love
Glynis, Velvet and Onyx (in mem Sully and Duke) xxxx