[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Velvet's Glucose still very high

ME me at buddies.org
Fri Jul 8 23:59:40 EDT 2011

Glynis, I don't remember if we talked about this before, but if Velvet is diabetic and her BG can't be regulated by dietary means, she really should be taking meds.  Viola was on meds for 4 years, with much of that time on a pretty high dose of glipizide, and was quite healthy and happy during that time, despite having cataracts in both eyes.  When her BG was under control, she was definitely more active and she had fewer UTIs.  When she passed on at 5.5 years of age, her necropsy showed no sign of organ damage ... the vet said her heart just gave out.  I actually think she passed away because Truffles, her "eyes" and constant companion, passed on a few weeks before, shortly after her 7th birthday.