[Gpdd] Health; Flashbang UTI

M Fug mfug at live.co.uk
Sat Jul 9 04:51:54 EDT 2011

Hi Joceyln we are glad the surgery to remove the bladder stone has gone well and wish Flashbang a speedy recovery. What I have been told is that once a piggy gets a stone for some reason they are then likely to develop more (Fugly had 4 show up on his x-ray) as well as changing the diet to low calcium foods my vet also recommended herbal solutions to stop stones forming. They recommended Hydrangea root extract solution which is given 0.1ml daily as a preventative measure dont know if you can get this in the states, Ann Evans recommended Rowantinex capsules but as I couldnt get hold of these I cant remember the dosage hopefully Ann will see this let us know. The other thing to do is make sure he gets plenty of water to help keep the urinary system flushing through, I now give the boys wet veggies (wash and then shake excess water off) just so they get extra water that way. Big hugs to you and Flashbang and slightly smaller hugs to Edgeworth and Benito M