[Gpdd] Fw: MISC- yard grass for piggies

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Sat Jul 9 10:23:58 EDT 2011

I'm with you esp when raccoons, possum, rodents, cats, rabbits, etc.  roam
freely. Ann Evans says, however, that if you give your piggy the anti
parasite protocol with both ivermectin and Panacur and then keep it up with
a single dose of both every 3 month that the danger is greatly minimized.
Think of it this way, dogs are given regular heartworm, flea and mite
treatments, and so heartworms (and others) and misery from fleas, mites, and
mange is greatly reduced or eliminated. Dogs roam out of doors and stay
healthy this way. So I think  you can make your choice. Either way keep up
the protocol as parasites and mites come in on other animal, fresh foods,
bedding etc. If I sound like a broken record then I am, but I believe it.
This can be done by your vet and with your vets consent and help do it at
home. The very experienced do it on their own.  I don’t advocate skipping
the vet when you are unsure and he/she can train you to do it at home.