[Gpdd] Anouncement--Addison & Darbi are adopted!

deb ganley dganley at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jul 11 00:20:36 EDT 2011

They've been elementary school pigs, Addison for a few years, Darbi just this year.  The teacher has left them alone in the classroom over the weekend & farmed them out over school vacations to Kindergarten & First Grade kids to take care of.  I used to work in the school & rescued Addison & her former friend, Seraphina, many times, when they were left with nothing, bringing them home with me.  Seraphina died last summer, after being squeezed to death by a 5 year old over the summer.  Darbi was the "replacement pig" for lack of a better term. I went to the principal 2 summers ago, asking her to ban classroom pigs & she did nothing.  Finally, she did the right thing this spring & banned all classroom animals--only because a teacher brought a rat into the school as yet another pet & the principal is rodent-phobic.  The teacher who had Addison & Darbi begged me to take them--I told her I would, but only until she found a forever home for them.  Well, do the math, they've been here for 2 weeks, are totally settled in, going to see Ann Evans tomorrow for check-up's & worming & they're all mine!  I never thought I could handle 6 piggies, my limit has been 4 for years--but it's amazing what you can do when you have to.  They're incredibly sweet girls & very happy here, a total joy to have.  I'm hoping to get them in with my 4 free-range girls, Winnie, Lily, Bella & Tink, once Ann gives them a clean bill of health tomorrow.  Wish us luck!   Deb & the Florida 6