[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Flashbang UTI, Stones and Gas treatment

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Tue Jul 12 15:06:12 EDT 2011

I have two sows that are stone pigs. This means they both developed huge
calcium stones is their urethras. The stones were removed surgically by
Dr. Bonsack and I and within 3 months they developed huge calcium stones
in their urethras again. The second stones were also removed surgically.
Vedra Stanley-Spatcher of BAR gave me a treatment plan to prevent
further stones. This plan has worked great because the sows were about 5
years old at the time the stones were removed. They are both 7.5 years
old now and in perfect health. Protocol. All cavies should be given
water that has been treated by reverse osmosis or has less than 4 mg/l
of calcium. Everyday give 50 mg vitamin C tablets or liquid. Go to this
link and under UTI it will tell you about the reverse osmosis water and
where to get the vitamin c. http://piggyville.com/index.php?id=4
Give orally once a day 1.0 ml hydrangea root extract for 5 days. Then
reduce to orally 0.2 ml hydrangea root extract once a day for the rest
of the life of the piggy. For people in the UK hydrangea root tincture
can be bought from Bristol Botanicals
http://www.bristolbotanicals.co.uk/pr-2998
I buy hydrangea root extract from HerbsPro
http://www.herbspro.com/shop/xq/asp/ptid.32009/qx/productdetail.htm
Also give one Rowatinex capsule/day to stone piggy for life. I get mine
from Smallflower http://www.smallflower.com/search/rowatinex
Vedra says you can just give the gel cap to your piggy but mine spit it
out. Since the contents of the Rowatinex gel caps is an oily liquid
which will dissolve plastic syringes I bought a 1.0 ml glass syringe and
needles from EBAY. I extract the oil from the gel cap then take the
needle off of the syringe and give it to my piggy.
You can buy liquid Rowatinex at Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Rowatinex-Rowa-Drops-10ml/dp/B002W81HN2. Amazon
seldom has the Rowatinex drops. Rowatinex drops can also be bought from
a German site
http://www.sanicare.de/produkte/sortiment/Niere_und_Blase/Blasen_und_Nierensteine/1127519-detail.html
Vedra says  it comes with its own dropper and to give 0.1 ml twice a day
for the life of the piggy.  Vedra also advised to put stone pigs on a
Niagara Cyclo Massage Pad. I bought a used one for $100 on EBAY. I have
a client that also bought one recently on EBAY for $85. For a year I
would put each of my piggys on the massage pad for 20 minutes/day. Start
out at speed 5 and slowly work up to speed 10 and down to speed 5 over
the 20 minutes. The massage pad is also good for treating piggys with
gas and arthritis. I only treated my stone pigs with the  Rowatinex and
the dailly massages for a year. I have continued all other aspects of
the protocol. Neither piggy has developed another stone or had any
urinary or health problems.
I am not a vet but I volunteer for Dr. Frank Bonsack DVM of Adventure
Animal Hospital as a cavy health advisor.
Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.