[Gpdd] Misc: 2 foster piggies

dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 18:33:58 EDT 2011

My local shelter only takes in dogs and cats so I am the "go to" person
when people call about adopting, or most likely, surrendering rabbits
and guinea pigs.  Last week I made arrangements for a beautiful REX
bunny who was abandoned when the family moved.  :(  Luckily, a
neighbor found out and he is now safe in rescue.
Last night, I picked up two piggies.  The daughter bought them last
summer and will be leaving for college in September so they family
was giving them up.  Why did this girl buy them!?  I was told that
they are two males and when I went to get them and checked, they
were females.  Gosh, people don't even know what sex their pets are?
So, for now COOKIE and OREO are in my house as I await a rescue
buddy of mine to bring them into her care.
It is just so sad how "disposable" the little guys seem to be...and
this group restores my faith in wonderful, loving, forever homes.
So, thank YOU!
Just sharing...
Joanne and her NY Herd:  Merri, Teddy, Baci, Sweetie, Sassy, Ellie

"Live simply so that others can simply live." - Robbins