[Gpdd] MISC Question Marks

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun Jul 17 19:00:38 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

It has come to the notice of one of our Moderators that the discussion of aberrant question marks has surfaced again.

She has asked me to post the following.......

She says that these question marks may be coming from certain hardware....maybe a particular keyboard? a new computer? something to do with people getting newer equipment? She remembers Sandy stopping posting when her computer went wrong and believes that when she returned she had the question marks but not anymore and did something else change? Over to you Sandy.

All of the above is only a guess on her part as we all have different equipment.

I am just passing this on. Don't shoot the messenger.

For my part, I do not get these question marks. I am a single post receiver as is Sandy and now Ann. Maybe there are many more of you. Does this make a difference?

I have an old IBM ThinkPad with an American keyboard which runs Windows XP. Maybe the flashy new stuff that most of you probably use is causing this error.

More discussion please. Let's get to the bottom of this. Any computer whizzkids out there?

Penny and the Piggyfriends in absentia.