[Gpdd] HEALTH- Mimi goes to the vet

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 21 19:34:48 EDT 2011

The past 4-5 days Mimi has started itching & biting more again & the past day or 2 she has not been eating as much. She nibbles but not with her usual gusto. So off to the vet we went today. I *really* didn't want to take her out in the 105 degree heat but I borrowed my parents car since mine has no AC. I had noticed for the past week or so, brownish specks that stick to my hand when I pet her & if you go over her towel with a lint roller you can see them on there. So I took some sample sheets from the lint roller with me to the vet. He said it was not flea poop, as flea poop turns red when you wet it& her combed thru her coat with a flea comb & nothing showed. He said the brownish flakes are dandruff. As she has been treated for mites & that didn't help & also treated for fungal infection & that didn't help he thinks she has allergies & a possible skin infection from itching herself. She is on Prednisone & has been given a special shampoo that she
 has to be bathed with every 3 days for the next 3 weeks. That should be real fun! She *hates* bathes with a passion. Not looking forward to this! Also he said to give her 2 vitamin C tabs a day. She takes the Oxbow ones.
On another note, I got a call from the pharmacy I want to order Ivermectin from, for her every 3 month treatments. They said they have Noromectin, which is generic for Ivermectin & the exact same thing. Do you think this is acceptable? I can't find Ivermectin anywhere.
Any advice one Mimi or her meds would be appreciated. Thanks!
~Jaime, Mimi & Captain Phil the betta fish~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AintThatCrafty