[Gpdd] Misc: SPARKLES: The True Story of a special little dark brown piggie - part four

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 20:05:04 EDT 2011

We like to make a bag of different veggies, we call it the piggies' salad mix.  Sparkles and Snoopy love to stand up for meal time and since we're standing in one spot, of course, they'll both be standing up in the same spot in their pens.  Well, daddy michael likes to give Sparkles first choice from the bag, so what she'll do is, pick a small piece of lettuce and while daddy michael is about to give Snoopy some, she'll drop her piece of lettuce on top of Snoopy's head!  Snoopy is directly beneath her on the shelf below.  We used to think it was an accident, but it would happen time and time again.  So we began to figure, that yes, she was doing it on purpose!  We would say to her not to do that, sometimes even feed Snoopy first so he'd be in his pen eating rather than still standing, but she seemed to love doing it.

Then one day, Snoopy, who had never been ill a day in his life, got ill.  Within hours, he was gone.  It was shortly after that we knew how much Snoopy meant to Sparkles.  When offered the bag of fresh food, she'd grab a piece and run into her hut.  She'd never done that before.  She did that for weeks so we knew, she missed Snoopy.

One thing unique about us is that Sparkles will talk to me.  Sometimes I'll even turn to daddy michael and say did you get that?  So he'd say get what?  So I'd have to tell him what Sparkles said.  Sparkles would meet my eyes and we just knew what the other was saying.  I tended to always listen to what she said.  When I was grieving for Snoopy and hadn't eaten anything for a few days, Sparkles told me to eat something, so I did.

When I got up in the morning, I would usually greet her first.  What would I find waiting for me?  It wasn't every day, but it was nearly every day, even though she may have soft poo, there'd be a pellet shaped poo in the front of her cozy!  She'd usually be in her hut, so I'd see the front to her cozy and exclaim, is that my pressie??!!!  I always kissed her or petted her for my precious pressie and I'd gently pick it up and place it on the side where I kept my other pressies.  That pressie was VERY important to me and meant THE WORLD to me for it meant that she was able to poo a pellet shaped poo.  Michael usually gets up before me so I'd ask if he saw it there and he said no it wasn't there when he got up.  So I knew SHE DID IT FOR ME.  I knew she knew how much it meant to me.

In a way, I was scared because now Sparkles was our oldest piggie at a little over four years old.  Because of her ongoing soft poo problem, which we tried hard to deal with by eliminating treats and foods that she loved, and I had to clean her as often as possible, it became that Sparkles and I, mommy corrine, became the bestest of best friends.  I already loved her as did daddy michael, but there was a special bond between us.  I would place her on a soft blanket, pile up pillows behind me, and lay down while Sparkles would lay on my stomach/chest and we'd nap together.  Sometimes she'd slowly walk up to my neck and lay down snuggled against my neck and fall asleep.  Life doesn't get better than this.

Sparkles and daddy michael enjoyed their little game during floor time.  I'd place Sparkles on the floor and she'd chut chut her happiness by taking off while daddy michael would say i'm going to get you! and she'd run from room to room, happily enjoying herself.  Our other piggies would just sit there or barely walk around.  So Sparkles was the explorer who enjoyed running around and yes, she was fast!!

Our newer piggies (we got two a year and a half ago, and one almost a year ago) are in the living room.  We used to watch tv in the living room before turning in, but then it occurred to me, since I'm always so worried about the two in the bedroom, why not watch tv in there?  So we would watch tv in the bedroom with Snoopy and Sparkles.  Some programs, Sparkles would sit at the edge of her pen closest to the tv and watch with us.  I enjoyed watching her eat from her bowl, drink water, or just do anything.  It was such a joy to me!

As for me I loved to shower her in kisses and go nose to nose with her.  Sometimes I'd look at her and wonder how a little two pound thing could control my whole life.  Because it's true, my life, 24/7 revolved around her.  I just knew, if anything happened to her, I'd kill myself.