[Gpdd] HEALTH: Pixie Sue is Puffing

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Fri Jul 22 18:29:48 EDT 2011

Pat   She is feeling poorly and probably needs pain meds Rimadyl is
preferred much by Ann Advil (ibuprofen) is also used although I don’t use it
as I it raises my blood pressure markedly. But either way she needs pain
meds. I understand your reluctance about having your own vet do the x-rays,
when you see that person make sure they have written instructions left for
the other vets on how to do piggie x-rays without sedation or upsetting her.
Also was this vet able to rule out fluid in her lungs?  Is her cage big
enough to offer a place to cool down and to warm up. water frozen in
partially filled bottles with a towel to pick up condensation in one end
will allow all your piggies to cool off, if long haired they maybe should
hair cuts.

Keep track of her weight and supplement her, a couple night feedings can do
wonders and of course get back to vet as soon as possible, I must sign off
as I am ill and must leave for doc now reply if you want dosages that Ann
uses
Look for the Peter Gurney books on line at eBay look for Ruth Gurney as a
seller   Good luck and health  Sandy and Sammy