[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Singing during lap time

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun Jun 12 14:16:18 EDT 2011

Hi Joanie,

It sounds like Puff is very content with her life.

Some pigs are very vocal, some never say anything but seem to rely on the
rest of the herd to wheek and squeak for them. Many of my piggies chunter
away with the rest of their group - I call it gossiping as they seem to be
putting the world to rights in between mouthfuls of grass. Some shout for
food as soon as they see me. Some purr when they are on my lap. Some just
sit and talk to themselves. They are all different.

One of my sons had a piggy who, as soon as he was placed on his lap, would
run up to sit on his shoulder, turn round and sing loudly into his ear.

ME. I have what I call an "ADHD" piggy. My Dorian is always on the go but
doesn't have much to say for himself. I don't know if it might help any of
yours but he calms down when he is fed Lemon Balm leaves. This may not grow
where you live but I have an abundance of it in my herb garden and he has a
handful every morning in the summer months. I have tried drying it for the
winter when the plant dies down to the ground but it doesn't seem to have
the same effect.

I suppose that I need to demonstrate a source for this info. Galen's Garden
sell Lemon Balm and state that it has a calming effect. It makes a nice tea
for humans too.

http://www.guinea-pig-information.co.uk/single-herbs.php

Penny and the Piggyfriends.