[Gpdd] Health: thanks and singing pigs

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 16:57:48 EDT 2011

Hi fellow gp lovers,

I want to thank everyone for their kind emails on and off-digest.
I am feeling a bit better since starting antibiotics.

Just to make this clear, I didn't even consider euthanizing my pigs because
of my yersinia infection.
I don't have any (small) kids running around who are at risk.
It's just me and my boyfriend Erwin, and those 4 little pigs are like our
kids.

I have asked one of my vets if I should worry about them getting or having
it,
she said not to worry (but she also found it amusing Woopy had poops that
had two colours,
so I do not completely trust her). I am keeping a close eye on them and when
I have to take them
to the vet and they seem ill I will tell about the yersinia.

I'm still continuing the anti fungus treatment, as it doesn't seem to have
cleared up completely.
We have noticed when we take the pigs out in the evening to give them the
meds
called Itradrops (active ingredient itraconazole 10 mg per 1 ml). They seem
bloated, the girls
more then Chico. Does anyone know if this could be caused by the meds?
I have to honestly say I only just thought of the 'bloat' being caused by
the meds, and can't recall
if they have it during the week they do not get the meds... I think they
didn't have it then, but am not sure.
The meds are given for a week (amount based on the weight of the pigs), then
a week they get no meds,
then I week they get the meds again and so on.

Sorry probably being an overanxious mom slave, but they are my furry kids!

Some I my pigs talk during laptime, Both Woopy and Lily can be very
talkative.
I've never had one that sung whilst being in my lap, our late Lotje would
sometimes sing (chirp)
during the night, and our Chico chirps as well.
Like others I think the talkative piggies just tell us about their day and
what they have experienced..

Grtz,
Mieke
of the Guinygirlz: Woopy, Lily & Daisy