[Gpdd] Ariel's progress

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Fri Jun 24 01:43:16 EDT 2011

Dear Jean Yes Milan was quite a laugh when I figured it out. We are such a global group I didn’t think a second thought about it at the time, but I figured it out shortly after I sent it and got myself out of guinea pig trouble mode back to thinking about the people I know here.  So at least I didn’t call the vet in Switzerland, LOL!

I am glad her condition continues to improve.  The children's  ibuprofen is Ok as Ann said, she much prefers the Rimadyl for safety, I believe. Ibuprofen makes my BP go up quite a bit. I don’t know if that’s why she prefers Rimadyl, which I believe is prescription only.

I thumped my self a good one for not asking you to take a sample to the Vet. Then I was thinking about if it it could be something really yucky likes worms, you need to be save to. So if it ever happen again keep a prescription bottle with the tight lid, wrap tightly in saran wrap and put in a zip lock. Maybe I’m overly cautious but it would have to be refrigerated so caution is required.  We should all remember to save samples, there’s some rule of nature that makes it hard for a patient to pee or poop on demand at the doctors. Sammy will scream to be put back before he will pee or poop on me, bless his heart, so I listen for his first signs of discomfort.

keep up the great nursing  and keep us informed. She is so cute, whee loved her picture.   When you have a chance check out guinea lynx, if you haven't yet, I will when I get a moment.
Good luck and good health  Sandy and Sammy