[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Ariel and Rimadyl and Bloat

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Fri Jun 24 16:25:49 EDT 2011

Dear Jean,
  Rimadyl which is also called carprofen is a prescription only drug. It
is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, abbreviated to NSAID. Your vet
can buy it in tablet form or as an injectable liquid. I prefer to use
the liquid. As you may know I volunteer at Dr. Frank Bonsack's
veterinary hospital as a cavy health advisor. I am also a pharmaceutical
scientist and formulate many of the medications that we use at the vet
practice. It is very easy to dilute liquid rimadyl into juice to be
given to a cavy owner to administer orally. It is also the only pre
operation drug that we give prior to administering isoflurane
anesthesia. Cavies are very rimadyl tolerant.
The British Association of Rodentologists have a Care Sheet No 3 called
Gastric Bloat or Torsion.
http://britishassociationofrodentologists.co.uk/ESW/Files/Product_Catalogue_2010.pdf
You can order via PayPal, just write in the comment section what you
want to order. The PayPal address is stanislinski at aol.com.
In this care sheet it mentions using 0.2ml of Rimadyl. This is
equivalent to 10mg.

Best of health to you and your family and Ariel.

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.