[Gpdd] [SILLY] Big Jim Saves the Day!

DL1Bossfan at aol.com DL1Bossfan at aol.com
Sun Jun 26 09:46:52 EDT 2011

Hi Friends:
I got home yesterday afternoon to find that Big Jim (well over 7), did not
appear to be feeling well. He was sitting in the corner of his cage facing
the  wall. I scooped him up on a cozy, took him to the couch, and had a
session of  TLC while I gave him some water in a syringe and offered carrot
(which he  nibbled). He perked right up, but during that time the doorbell rang.
I carried  Big Jim to the door on his cozy to face a solicitor. The guy was
 trying to sell cleaning services. Half way through his little speech, he
looked  down and said "Oh my God - what is that?". I replied, "A guinea pig
-- and he is  very sick." The minute I got the word sick out of my mouth, Big
Jim started  doing these convulsing/jerking type of movements. The guy got
scared and ran  off! - LOL I shut the door, and immediately Big Jim stopped.
I sat back on the  couch with him, he finished his carrot, went back to his
cage with Stryper and  has been fine ever since! He ate well and has been
doing the normal piggy  things!  Maybe he does not like door to door sales
people either!  We  would also like to take this time to shout out a belated
"Happy Birthday"  to Debra of the Story piggies. I hope the card made it on
time!
Donna and the SC piggies
Big Jim, Stryper, Houdini, Zion, Marvin, and Miss  Beatrice