[Gpdd] [MISC] Huge thank you to everyone!

Isabelle Arcoleo ic.arcoleo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 13:33:27 EDT 2011

Hey :)

Thanks so much everyone for the advice about Jhumpa's lice, and for the lovely welcome!

I live in the UK, and I went into my local pet shop to see if they could give me any advice - luckily for me, the lady who was working in there also happens to run a guinea pig rescue at home, so she was very helpful! She sold me some insecticidal shampoo and a topical treatment to use afterwards, which contains the ivermectin that you mentioned.

I gave him a bath - his first one, he was so sweet, just sat there looking a bit surprised and didn't struggle at all! - and then used the topical treatment the day after, and he's stopped scratching now, and no sign of lice in his coat. I'll keep an eye on him, but he seems much happier.

It's great to know you'll be patient with my new-piggy panics!

Thanks again.

Izzy