[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: VITO LEE CONDOLENCES

Bella Reich zellabizzy at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 11:47:29 EST 2011

I usually just "sit on the sidelines" and eagerly read each installment of the digest but rarely comment.  I must say that the loving, caring condolence messages that so many of you have taken time out of your busy days to post to me have left me with such a wonderful feeling inside.  The warmth and understanding that I have received from each of you has wrapped me in a warm, snug, safe "cocoon" of love and it feels so darn good!  Thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you again!

My new little boy - Bill Compton Reich - is settling in nicely.  The pet store owner told me that he only fed the gp's pellets and the small timothy hay cubes plus water to drink.  He cautioned me to very slowly start with veggies and fruit at first so Bill would not experience a mess of watery poo!  So Bill is gradually being introduced to these wonderful treats and has already been making his preferences known.  He loves escarole, carrots and green grapes.  He seems to like, but not love, cantelope and cucumbers.  Strawberries are a no-go!  And, he doesn't seem to care for the chew stick that I have hanging inside his cage.  He is enjoying a good amount of timothy hay, timothy hay pellets and a small dash of treat mix.  Yesterday he finally "discovered" the toilet paper roll stuffed with timothy hay that I have resting on top of the outside of his pigloo.  And he enjoys his water.  Vito Lee drank the least amount of water of any of my piggies so it seems strange to have a piggy drinking water and seeming to enjoy it!

Yesterday, for the first time, he began waiting by his cage "door" when he heard me come upstairs near his bedroom door after work.  He has been popcorning and when I hold him and pet him, he makes those contented, little burbling noises that I like to call "bubble & squeak".  My 3rd piggy, Peter Lee, was a big "bubble & squeaker"!

So Bill & I are settling in and beginning to feel like "family".  My husband, while not a big pet person, always has paid attention to my pigs and talked to and petted them while offering them treats.  He is getting to know Bill as well.

Again....thanks to all of you for the "virtual hug"....so sweet, warm and full of awareness and knowledge that only a "fellow" gp owner can share!

Bella & Bill from New Hartford, New York